Holy Trinity Parish Halls and the Trinity Centre
Before the Reformation, many parishes had a church house, maintained by the church wardens for festivities such as parish ales. There is no evidence that Holy Trinity or St Mary’s had such a place. After the tower fell in 1740, destroying most of the church, meetings are recorded as taking place in the Weston chapel or in St Mary’s. Certainly by the nineteenth century, there were parish rooms on part of the site of the subsequent Parish Halls, now the Trinity Centre.
For more information regarding the Parish Halls please click on the download below.